Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My 1st Ever SVG Convert!




So I just got SCAL a week ago and I've finally figured out how to convert a picture into a svg. It's not too hard if the pic is simple, but I'm still confused about some parts of it. Anyways, I've been scouring the web to find tutorials and info on how to do this. I don't think there was any one person that helped a ton. I guess it was just a combo of all the junk that I ingested late at night from all the reading. Well anyways, here it is. It's Elmo! Who doesn't love Elmo?
If you would like to download this SVG file, click here: Elmo Svg
Don't forget to leave me a comment, I love feedback, especially since I'm new to this!

10 comments:

  1. this is just sooo cute!! my granddaughter is in love with elmo and i plan to use this on a scrapbook page i'm making. thanks so much for sharing.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing and that is adorable!!!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed! I got my cricut in June and still can't make anything w/ inkscape/SCAL yet. I'm going to do as soon as my grandkids go home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed! I bought my cricut last June and still am working through inkscape tutorials, etc. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the Elmo svg. My next scrapbooking layout needed an Elmo cutout. Now I can get to work on it.
    Thanks again,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could I please have your elmo file. I can't get the link to work. My grandson Jake will be 2 on the 23rd and I want to use this for his card..thanks so much, Jake is a total Elmo kid!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti- I couldn't reply to your comment b/c it didn't show me your email address. If you'll send me the email I'll send you the file.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! My sister in law and nephew are moving in with us in a few months, and while my kids are into Pooh, he prefers Elmo. Now I can make a cutout and put it on his wall before he gets here! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi i am new to SCAL and although i have found some really amazing free svg's on this site (yours included, thank you) i am struggling to find tutorials that help a great deal with how to make my own SVG's. ive got inkscape but nothing i do works.

    ReplyDelete