Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Desert -- Marine Corps Scrapbook

I snuck in my craft room to complete another layout today. My husband was at home but outside cleaning out the gutters, so I had to be sneaky to get this one done. It's pretty simple, but I love it anyways. These pictures were taken while my hubby was on the 26th MEU over in Saudi Arabia. He went on a desert safari while he was there.


Of course, the fabulous sketch came from Crafts by Rowena. I just loved the little journalling tear out. So I created one just like it to cut with my cricut. If you'd like the file, it's free. You can download it here. If you're wondering how I got the journalling printed directly on it, I printed it on white copy paper first, then I used double stick tape to line it up over the one printed on copy paper. I taped it down, and ran it though the printer again. The cute little ticket was a part of the kit that I won from 52 sketches.



5 comments:

  1. This is so different. I like it very much! Thanks for sharing.

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool, Tami. Thanks for sharing
    it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Dec [LA 03:31pm, NY 06:31pm, UK 11:31pm] - 13 Dec [OZ 10:31am]).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice page. Is that truck stuck? I loved how you distressed the journal tear out. I am always so excited to see what you create with my sketches.

    Rowena {CraftsbyRowena.com}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I love it! It is so nice to have a pretty journally block. I might even do some journaling!

    ReplyDelete