Thursday, December 17, 2009

Initiation -- Marine Corps Scrapbook

Let me tell you, this was a fun layout to make!!! I made my own paint splatter paper! It was so easy too (but messy). First I put a little bit of black paint on a paper plate, added tiny bit of water to thin it out, then I got a paint brush and swirled it in the paint really well. Then I just shook it above the cardstock. If that didn't work well enough, I'd hold the paint brush in one hand and tap it with the other. It was a blast! I am definately going to be doing this again! It didn't take long for the paper to dry either since the paint was watered down, it soaked up quickly.

The skull die cut was one that I cut out a long time ago. I used to have it in my store for sale, but today I'm giving it away for free! You can download it here.
The font for the title is Jacob's handwriting (from Twilight). It is called Almagro.


I got the inspiration for the entire layout from the Sketchy Thursday's challenge this week.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 17 Dec [LA 02:59pm, NY 05:59pm, UK 10:59pm] - 18 Dec [OZ 09:59am]).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cool! I love to make a mess when I am creating! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cool page!! Thanks for playing along!
    Jennifer C. Sketchy Thursdays dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! Thanks for playing along!
    Diana, Sketchy Thursdays

    ReplyDelete