Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sketch #35 + freebie

Here is a layout for 52 Sketches, 52 Weeks that I did using a picture that was taken back when my hubby and I were only 17 years old. I love scrapping these really old pics. It helps me remind me how far we've come. I'm the one holding the blue balloon. He's the one with the yellow visor behind me. I sure wish I was that skinny again! haha.
I did something on this layout that I've never done before. I created a scut file that would cut out tiny holes in a circle so that all I had to do was hand feed colorful floss through each hole to create the look of stitching. After I did the blue floss, I decided to go back and do pink in the opposite holes to get this look. The buttons are put on using fabritac glue with floss glued on to make it appear like it was sewed on when it was not. If you would like to try this technique, I've included the scut file below.
Circle Dots Scut
The above font was a freebie from Kevin & Amanda's Blog called Guess What.

6 comments:

  1. well aren't you clever! what a neat idea for the stitchicng!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius idea! Different shapes would be great to teach kids how to sew. Awesome idea and layout!! I also had to come by to say thank you for your comment on my blog today. You made my day!! FYI: Had I not just gone potty before coming to your blog, I would have seriously wet myself. The beginning of the first song on your player scared me!! LMAO.that might have been an over share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stitching cut. I am getting ready (I hope) to do some serious scrapping and I will definitely be using this.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice thanks for sharing the file

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen some stitching that was similar, but never with premade Cricut holes. This is very interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Sep. 03, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete