Thursday, September 24, 2009

I wanna be a Rock Star

Here is a LO I did for 52 Sketches, 52 Weeks. I decided to scrap the pictures of my son at christmas last year. He recieved a drum set. Yay! Thanks Uncle Wes! (insert sarcasm here).



This layout sort of evolved slowly as I worked on it. I started by searching my stash of paper and realized that I didn't have anything appropriate for what I wanted to create. So I set out on google to find something printable and I found this awesome Rocker background. I printed it out and used it as the backdrop for the pics. Then I decided to create my own title. So I used some basic font and a few flourishes, welded them together and wha-lah! You can snag your freebie down blow. I also created the scalloped border you see at the right of the layout. You can download it here. Rock Star Title SVG
I wanted the title to look like a chandellier, so I used a bunch of gems to create this effect.


Font: Rage Italic Journal Frame $1.00

Guitar Stamp $1.00

This is a first for me. I created my own "bling flourish" by using glossy black dimensional paint. I printed out the image on white paper, then I used some clear plastic (left over from some sticker packaging) to create this. You can see the tutorial here. In this photo you can see the plastic, but when I put it in a scrapbook protective cover, you won't be able to tell! BTW, I did this one yesterday and let it dry overnight. So if you just want to play around with the idea, you could make a few and then put them aside for later. That way when you go to create a LO, they are already dry!
Ok...and don't forget to check out Lindsay's blog for her Halloween digi stamp freebie and to see what the other DT members have created! You won't be disappointed!
Freebie Thursday!
In addition to the files that I've shared above, I wanted to give you this stiletto shoe svg. Remember that cute little high heel shoe that I created a card for the other day? Well here it is...yours to download and use! If you missed the post about the shoe card, click here to see it. High Heel Shoe SVG Freebie

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the triple freebies!
    I looked at the tutorial, too. Very clever. I may have to buy some supplies.
    My youngest is just starting percussion next week, so this whole page may come in handy. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tammy....Your page is AWESOME girl!!!! I love all the tear drops it just makes the page jump out at you!!!! BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool Tamera, I didn't even recognize the guitar LOL! Your word art svg with the rhinestones is so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The page looks awesome and that guitar is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layout is awesome and the guitar looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamara, I have just been waiting for your to share the high heel svg file. THANK YOU so much. You made my day. LOL
    Love the Rock Star title. Our grands have Guitar Hero so that will work great for a layout for them.
    Thanks, too, for the scalloped border.
    You are so clever. I love how you created your own bling flourish. I am going to make some as I have the paint already.
    Thanks for all that you shared today. It is so appreciated.
    Big, Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is awesome! Your attention to the details is just GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is stunning! Love all the detail. You really went all out!

    ReplyDelete