Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twilight Inspiration Tuesday - Mary Alice Brandon (Cullen)

For today's Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge, we were asked to create something that was inspired by Alice Cullen's former life (before she became a vampire). Back then, her name was Mary Alice Brandon. I decided to use the sketch from Spoon Full of Sugar. I found this lovely sketch of Alice through google. I love how her eyes are copper colored and the rest of the photo is black and white. It is hard to tell from these pics though. I chose the sentiment "eternally beautiful" because even before she was a vampire, she was beautiful, but after she became one, she was "eternally" beautiful. The lace was purchased at the thrift store! I got a ton of assorted colors for just a couple of dollars.

I created this lovely word art to go along with the card. You can download it here.

We are also supposed to talk about Alice's "gift" and whether we think it is a blessing or curse. This is very difficult to decide. I would have to say that in her situation it is definatly a blessing since it has gotten her and her family out of some very sticky situations many times. So to be able to foresee the future and potentially protect the ones that I love, I would say it is a blessing.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing! You captured it perfectly! I love it! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You blow me away! This is amazing!! That picture is perfect of Alice and I love the sentiment and layout! Beautiful creation and as always thanks so much for playing along!! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara... This is just absolutely gorgeous...You have captured Alice's essence beautifully...Thanks for playing....Loving your work!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous! I love how you combined your colors to match her eyes. So pretty.
    Thanks for the word art.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OME! This is sooo gorgeous! Definitely defines Alice perfectly!!!
    Beautiful creation!
    TFS :*)
    ~ margie

    ReplyDelete