Saturday, September 5, 2009

Monster Truck Party Hat Bday Invitations

Thanks to Lindsay at The Frugal Crafter's Weblog, I finally was able to figure out how I wanted to do my son's 3rd birthday party invites. She posted a free svg file today of a party hat card that she used to create her twin's birthday invites.
I used the freebie Monster Truck digi stamp from Dustin Pike. My son adores monster trucks! I will probably wind up making about 10 of these. I've made 5 already. I did them in under an hour this morning. The hard part is going to be nailing out the details of what I want the inside to say. I haven't picked a date or time yet. haha. I was able to fit 4 cards on one piece of cardstock! So this is a very cheap way to make invitations! I added some yellow stickles to the edge of the yellow at the bottom and top of the hat. Then I used some alpha stamps that I had laying around to put the work Party on the front. It is difficult to tell it by looking at this pic, but I also used some silver acrylic paint to paint the "chrome" parts of the truck. I wanted them to stand out separately from the tires. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Love this Tamara! Glad you ciuld use the template! It has printable version too on the post if anyone else wants it but does not have SCAL/cricut;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute. My grandson loves monster trucks and his birthday is coming up next month. Great job. Thanks for the links. Anita in OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute and WalMart did an excellent job on the cake. I bet his party was great. Great project!

    ReplyDelete