Sunday, October 25, 2009

Starting My Husband's Marine Corps Scrapbook

Hi all! Today I decided to start making my husband's Marine Corps scrapbook. I have put it off for a long time because the task seemed so daunting. Not to mention the Marine Corps album I got for him included pages that you're supposed to just add things to. So I was always kindof afraid that it would come out looking cheezy. So today I just said, who cares? I'm not using those pages and I pulled them out. I started from scratch and this is what I've come up with so far. It is going to be a surprise for him for Christmas. He's been out of the Corps for 2 years now, so it is long overdue. I can't wait to show it to him.

The First Page-- Doesn't he look so serious?! haha

This page was created using a sketch from Crafts by Rowena. I am also submitting this one for this week's Practical Scrapper's challenge, which was to use a border punch. So this challenge went perfectly with Rowena's sketch!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Tamara!! Your hubby will be so proud of this what a great Christmas surprise! Both layouts are great but I love the one of ya'll at the ball! The colors look great together! I like that sketch by rowena. I keep meaning to get over and check her sketches but haven't made it there yet hee hee. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! I can say without hesitation (and it will probably make me a bad mommy, too) but my dh's USNA/USN book was my absolute favorite to do! Keep us posted on your progress - you are doing an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! Great pages and what a special gift. My husband has been out of the Air Force for over 10 years now and I still haven't scrapped a single picture.... Keep up the beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful gift. Great use of the border punch on the Marine Corps Ball LO. Thanks for joining us at practical scrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your hubby will LOVE this! Great layouts!
    Thanks for playing this week at Practical Scrappers!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, what can I say. CUTE!! And yes, the layout is nice too. LOL.
    -Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the Corp picture expression hasn't changed in 35 years--that's about how long my dh has been out. You've done a wonderful job so far and I can't wait to see more. BTW - love your dress in the photo--I think I have one similar!

    ReplyDelete