Thursday, October 29, 2009

Altered Tin Can Project w/Lindsay's Stamp Stuff

This week I was feeling extra crafty! I decided to create a pencil holder using a soup can. This soup can is taller than most, so it was perfect for pencils. I just covered it with patterned paper using Fabri-tac glue. It is intended for fabric, but works great on this type of thing. I really like it because it is flexible for a minute or so after you put the paper on it. That way I can slide things around to get them just like I want, but it has a very firm hold once it dries.

Then I used the same glue to attach this wide lace around the center. I colored one of Lindsay's newest Doodle Flower stamps, the Fabric Flower. It is only $1.00 in her store. But you can buy the whole set which includes sentiments for $5.00.
Don't forget to stop by Lindsay's blog to get your weekly freebie and to check out the other projects from the Design Team!

Now for your Thursday freebie! I created this title for my husband's Marine Corps scrapbook a few days ago. If you know someone who is in the marines, this would be great to use. The word "Ball" is separate from the Marine Corps title. So if you don't want to include that word, you can remove it.

Marine Corps Ball SVG

I have also created the titles you see below and have placed them in my store. If you'd like to purchase them, they are only $1.50 each, or you can buy the whole set for $3.00.

10 comments:

  1. Super super cute project! I love using my crafty things to make stuff that is useful and handy that someone will look at every day and use every day -- often better than a card that most people will just toss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely cute altered container! I LOVE those googly eyes on the dragonfly, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! I love the fancy fibers and lace, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I love your decorated can! It's so bright and cheerful. cute
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really adorable! This will look great on a teacher's desk or a child's desk. Love the googley eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Oct. 29, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo - FANTASTIC project! I can see this one being duplicated for teacher gifts. I used the Fabric flower too - it's so cute and fun to color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project! I've been looking for a way to store my colored pencils and watercolor pencils. I may have to make a couple of these...thanks for sharing this fun idea! Love the googlie eyes on the dragon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very bright and pretty, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute project. I downloaded your file, just in case we have any Marines in our future.

    ReplyDelete