Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You've Gotta Try this! It's a Spinner Card!

Hey everyone! I just had to share this awesome technique with you. It may or may not be "new" to you, but it was new to me and I was so pleased with the results! It was so easy too! There are several alternatives and ways that this can be done, but here is my version. I wish I had video capabilities right now to show you the spinning in action, but this will have to do.

First, I used some very heavy cardstock to cut the wavy spinning panel with my cricut. You can download the template here. The spinning action is created using two pennies and a pop dot! (Not a difficult as you'd think). If you'd like a straight spinner, simply cut a long narrow rectangle inside a larger rectangle using scal. It's very simple. For a tutorial on how to make your own spinner card, go here.




The bottom border for this card is a fall leaves border, you can go to this previous post to download it. The cute little pumpkin nad Happy Halloween title are digi stamps from Dustin Pike.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I love spinner cards and have made a few, love the wiggle groove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this file, Tami. It is so cute and looks like it would be fun to make.

    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card you made for Riley. I started mine today and hope to finish it tonight. I am so glad you shared the info with us.
    I forwarded it to some friends that love to make cards.
    Your spinner card is just so cute. I have never even seen one.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I do have to try this!! oh so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Cat(s)/Dog(s)/Bear/Bird/Butterfly/Any other Animal Theme post on Oct. 08, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I too love his digis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 27 Oct [LA 04:06pm, NY 06:06pm, UK 11:06pm] - 28 Oct [OZ 10:06am]).

    ReplyDelete