Thursday, November 19, 2009

Recipe Mini Album/Cookbook

This week I found my inspiration for Lindsay's recipe digi collection! I got a lot of great ideas from the other DT members over the past couple of weeks and this week I finally jumped in with both feet. It actually didn't hit me what I was going to do until I came across this adorable recipe album at Big Lots for just $3.00! I loved it immediately. It has a cute little fold out part so it can stand up. So I got started creating my own mini cookbook. It has space for up to 24 recipes. I already have a journal with some of my favorite recipes in it, but it is a bit messy. So I'm compiling the best ones to create this fabulous book.

The little pizza image is a bit of clipart.

The little grill is clipart.
Apple is clipart.

The little coffee cup is from Lindsay's Coffee Set.
I saved all of the recipes on my computer, I thought about creating a second one to put in my craft booth. These little pages don't take anytime at all to whip out. Typing them up on the computer is what took the most time.

Don't forget to stop by Lindsay's blog to get your weekly freebie and to check out the rest of the DT's projects!


Now for your Thursday Freebie! Floral Happy Birthday SVG

16 comments:

  1. I love this! I used to sell an album like this in my store... and I couldn't get it anymore! Guess I'll need to go to Big Lots! You did a fantastic job with this! Love the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! The file doesn't look like the picture! What font did you use? This is a great caption!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and gorgeous recipe album! I'm so tempted to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift idea and buying the album saves time and what a deal! after typing it once you can print out as many as you like, i love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea Tamara! I think they'd do marvelously at your craft booth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Wedding, Birthday/Party Theme(s), Mardi Gras/Carnaval Theme post on Nov. 19, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE recipe books and yours is adorable! great project, and I must say sweet baby rays in the only barbque sauce my brother will use
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great gift idea!! I have to share this with my mother-in-law! Thanks for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Tamara! Love it love it love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, now you've made me want to give this a try! Tamara, this really turned out nice. I want to give my bunko group a little recipe book and your project would be perfect! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOTALLLLLLLLLY adorable! I really love the bright fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great, great idea! I think that they would do wonderfully in your craft booth-I know I always love to try other people's recipes, and your album is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Nov [LA 04:32pm, NY 07:32pm] - 20 Nov [UK 12:32am, OZ 11:32am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea! Love the bright colors and how you can "whip up" a new book super quick. You should really make some for your craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bunch of creative ideas! Thanks for blogging them all, and thanks for the file.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful book. Thank youfor the freebie.

    ReplyDelete